Stay up to date and follow the Facebook page
Follow us on Instagram @chccareerweek
From the 20th until the 24th of February, the CHC Career Week 2023 is coming your way.
The CHC Career Week is a 5-day career event organized by the International Faculty Association ACE in collaboration with the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication and is the biggest Career event organized for ESHCC Students.
It is an opportunity to network with professionals from a variety of work fields, and to experience hands-on career-related workshops that will guide you to "Build Your Future'.
Students, companies and organizations are brought closer together through presentations, seminars, lunches, networking drinks, workshops and in-house visits. This is the perfect opportunity for ESHCC students, to gain industry insights, make connections and contribute to their critical and creative inputs. Companies and organizations can provide students with knowledge, experience, sharing their goals and purposes while meeting with their future potential employees. We have the honour to collaborate with the numerous guest speakers representing multiple companies and organisations to inspire students of ESHCC for the past 10 years.
Are you a company, and do you want more information about speaking or organizing something during the CHC Career Week? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The Annual CHC Career Week is an on-campus career event led by our Career Committee. However, this year, we rebranded to CHC Career Week. The event’s main goal is to close the gap between academics and the labour market. We aim to achieve this by bringing students and professionals together so that students can broaden their horizons and perspectives regarding their career opportunities and get to know potential employers. The career event is inspired by the field of Humanities (being of Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication), which means that it entices Erasmus University of Rotterdam’s students to look beyond their current interests and potentially discover job options that they would not have considered before.
On top of that, we aim to offer our students the chance to scout for internships and other career assisting activities. We are looking forward to encouraging them to be interested and make their first steps in the labour market. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, the last two Career Week events were either fully online or in a hybrid format. This year, keeping in mind about the unpredictability of COVID19 and other external factors, we are aiming at launching the Career Week fully in-person and on campus again. During the 5-day event, students will be able to meet representatives from various institutions, focus on actual possibilities and actively interact with them through certain activities. The activities usually include presentations, workshops, panel talks and Q&As sessions. Additionally, this year, we want to making the Career Event as sustainable as possible by, for example, encouraging the use of green transportation: bikes or public transportation.
- 10:00-10:30 opening word and information about the CHC Career Week from ACE and ESHCC.
- 10:30-12:00 AIESEC workshop on CV writing.
- 12:00-13:00 NUMÉRO Magazine seminar by editor-in-chief and creative director on entering the fashion industry.
- 12:30-14:30 Lifeversity workshop on persuasive public speaking.
- 15:00-16:30 Cross Your Borders seminar about young people and interactive citizen projects.
- 10:30-12:30 EUR Career Services workshop on discovering your strengths and weaknesses.
- 12:30-13:30 VictoryArt (a Central and Eastern European art gallery and collective) seminar about working in the creative sector.
- 13:40-14:40 IFFR (one of the largest audience and industry-driven film festivals in the world) seminar about working in the creative sector.
- 15:00-17:00 Get your portrait picture take for LinkedIn by a professional portrait photographer.
- 16:00-17:30 The Hague Humanity Hub seminar on organization’s mission and professional path of the speaker.
- 10:00-11:00 The Social Hub (formerly known as The Student Hotel) seminar where the speaker will discuss her internship experience and moving into a full-time job.
- 11:00-13:00 Lifeversity workshop on designing your future career.
- 13:00-15:00 Lifeversity workshop on creative problem solving.
- 16:00-17:30 ING seminar on the company, internship opportunities and entry-level positions. An ESHCC alumni now working at ING will also join the discussion and talk about her experience on moving from an academic environment to a professional one.
- 17:30-18:30 ACE Alumni Panel with previous board members who will talk about the added value of doing a board year.
- 10:30-12:00 AIESEC workshop on managing and overcoming burnout.
- 12:30-13:30 Reckitt seminar by the senior brand manager at Dettol, on moving from Unilever to Reckitt.
- 13:45-14:45 KNAW (Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and Sciences) seminar on the speaker’s personal experiences and the company’s mission.
- 14:50-15:50 Media.Monks seminar on the speaker’s personal experiences and the company’s mission/culture.
- 16:00-17:00 WORM seminar on the speaker’s personal experiences and the company’s mission/culture.
- 17:00-19:00 Lighthouse Career Cafe in collaboration with ACE and ESHCC. During this panel, ESHCC alumni will talk about their professional backgrounds and experiences with different jobs. There will be a networking opportunity following the panel with drinks and snacks included. For this event you need to sign up via this form.
- 10:30-12:00 LinkedIn workshop by EU law lecturer and PhD-candidate in LGBTQ+ rights Masuma Shahid. Here you will learn how to effectively navigate the intricacies of LinkedIn and how to use the social media platform to your advantage in your internship and job.
- 12:30-13:30 Dutch Labour Market workshop by the IBCoM Internship Coordinator Kayleigh Vedder. This workshop is focused on getting to know and navigate the Dutch labour market.
- 13:40-14:40 UNICEF seminar on the speaker’s personal experiences and the company’s mission/culture.
- 15:00-16:00 GroupM/MindShare seminar on the speaker’s personal experiences and the company’s mission/culture.
- 16:00-17:00 World Press Photo seminar on the speaker’s personal experiences and the company’s mission/culture.
- 17:00-18:30 Large Networking drinks with company representatives, speakers, faculty members, and students.
If you are looking for more information, follow our Instagram account @chccareerweek, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our office on the 7th floor of Van der Goot, room M7-50 from 10:00-16:00. Throughout the week, you can also come to the CHC Career Week stand on the groundfloor of Theil Building.