If you choose to become a member of International Faculty Association ACE, the following terms and conditions apply and must be agreed upon:
1. I.F.A. ACE Membership Requirements
- Only students studying at the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC) of the Erasmus University Rotterdam can become a member of International Faculty Association ACE (I.F.A. ACE), unless decided otherwise by the Board.
- If a person wishes to become a member of I.F.A. ACE, he or she must agree with the Privacy Statement, which states what personal data of its members I.F.A. ACE processes and stores, and includes a full explanation of how I.F.A. ACE complies with the General Data Protection Regulation per the 25th of May, 2018.
- A membership term starts September 1st and ends August 31st.
- A member of I.F.A. ACE contributes a yearly membership fee of €20. The payment is generally subtracted from the member’s bank account. However, exceptions can be made for members who do not possess an IBAN account.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, and thus becoming a member of International Faculty Association ACE, any person below the age of 18 acknowledges that he or she has reviewed these terms and conditions with a parent or a legal guardian.
2. I.F.A. ACE Membership Benefits
Members receive benefits. These include, but are not limited to:
- A discount on study books if bought online via the I.F.A. ACE website at Study Store.
- The possibility to join activities the association organises, often for a lower price than non-members.
- The possibility to join committees, further explained in the association’s Regulations.
- The possibility to apply for a board position.
- Members have a right to vote in the General Assembly, which is held at least four times a year.
- Members receive the newsletter and a copy of EmbrACE Magazine.
Further benefits are decided upon by the Board, and in some cases the General Assembly.
3. I.F.A. ACE Membership Termination
- Membership is automatically extended every year on the 1st of September.
- If a member wishes to end their membership, this must be done with observance of the statutory term of notice (art. 8 paragraph 3 Statutes International Faculty Association ACE jo. art. 2:36 paragraph 1 BW), i.e. before the 1st of August by sending an email to email@example.com. If a member does not unsubscribe before this date, the membership will automatically be extended for another academic year. After the 1st of August, it is only possible to unsubscribe for the term following the new term that starts on September 1st, and consequently the contribution for the new membership term is due (art. 8 paragraphs 5 and 7 Statutes International Faculty Association ACE jis. art. 2:36 paragraph 2 BW and art. 2:35 paragraph 5 BW).
- Ending studies at the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication of Erasmus University Rotterdam does not automatically end a membership at International Faculty Association ACE. It is a member’s own responsibility to unsubscribe from the association. If he or she fails to do so, the membership will automatically be extended for another academic year.
4. Activities (co-)organised by I.F.A. ACE
By signing up for an activity organised or co-organised by International Faculty Association ACE, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
4.1 Activities that require a fee
- Subscription requires participants to pay the admission fee as mentioned on the website.
- Unsubscribing from activities is possible up to three days before the activity. The association will refund your payment, excluding any costs that were already made.
- If different conditions have been specified for any specific activity, those specific conditions apply.
- If the deadline to unsubscribe from an activity has passed, but a member is absent due to unforeseen circumstances, the Board must be contacted to discuss any compensation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The board will then decide whether a person is eligible for compensation.
4.2 Activities that do not require a fee
- Subscription requires participation.
- Unsubscribing from activities is possible up to three days before the activity.
- If the deadline to unsubscribe from an activity has passed, and the participant does not participate in the activity he or she has subscribed to, this will be registered by the Board. If this happens twice with the same member, the Board has the right to exclude said person from participating in further activities.
4.3 Trips organised by I.F.A. ACE
On both the Short and the Long Trip, special terms and conditions apply:
- Unsubscription from both the Short and the Long Trip is not possible, unless decided otherwise by the Board.
- Passing on tickets for both the Short and the Long Trip is not possible, unless decided otherwise by the Board.
- Participants of both the Short and the Long Trip must acknowledge that they understand that during these trips, personal injury or any other form of physical harm, damage to or loss of property, or any form of unlawful financial loss may occur to their person. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, they assume all of the above mentioned risks, and thereby declare that they release International Faculty Association ACE from all liability, costs and damages which might arise from participation in these trips.
- Participants of both the Short and the Long Trip who wish to deviate from the schedule set by the organising committee, are responsible for their alterations themselves, and will receive no financial aid from the association.
5. Changing the Terms and Conditions
International Faculty Association ACE reserves the right to unilaterally modify these terms and conditions with due consideration of art. 6:237 point c BW.
The PDF version of the Terms and Conditions of I.F.A. ACE can be found here