- Arts & Culture, Communication and Media, History
- Required language
- Communication, Marketing, History, Arts & Culture
Internship HEINEKEN Corporate Affairs team Europe - September 2022
About the job
Are you a graduate student, passionate about Communication, Sustainability and Policy and looking for an experience in an international environment?
Our Corporate Affairs Team for Europe co-ordinates and drives our CA strategy across the region, in partnership with our local teams across all the European markets. Our role is to advocate for our business, shape an optimal business climate, to connect with stakeholders and with our colleagues and to drive progress against our Brew a Better World sustainability agenda.
As Corporate Affairs intern for the Europe region, you would be a key player in our small team and part of the broader Corporate Affairs function for HEINEKEN. You would have the opportunity to contribute to defining, communicating and managing pan-European projects, supporting with research and analysis of external developments and developing materials and assets for internal and external use. You would be in regular contact with our local CA teams from across Europe to co-ordinate projects, provide support and gather data and feedback, as well as working closely with the broader CA function and especially connecting with the CA intern network.
The internship is to begin in September and for a duration of 6 months, working 40 hours a week. The role is based in our offices in Amsterdam but with some days each week spent working from home in line with our current policy
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Supporting priority initiatives within our European CA agenda, drafting meeting agendas, tracking key take outs and overseeing follow up to maintain momentum on projects
- Supporting our public affairs strategy by gathering intelligence on policy and political developments of relevance to our business (e.g. sustainability, energy, alcohol and health policy);
- Following political and parliamentary debates and analysing reports, legislative texts, media coverage etc., to share insights with the team;
- Support the content development and management of our internal and external communication channels (e.g. Sharepoint site, EU Twitter account, FB Workplace channels), as well as contribute to the regional editorial calendar and communication strategy;
- Participate in the discussions on, and development of, our regional CA agenda and story telling, create exciting content to tell our European story;
- Working with the local CA teams from across Europe to co-ordinate common initiatives
- Connecting with the broader CA function and especially other interns to share, to learn and to align
The successful candidate should have a Master’s level degree, preferably related to Corporate, Public Affairs and/ or Sustainability as well as the following:
- Excellent communication and creative writing skills. Ability to synthesise and present complex information in an appealing and reader-friendly way
- Strong analytical skills – able to distill insights from data, media and policy texts;
- Ability to work independently, while seeking appropriate feedback, and to prioritize and to work in a structured way on projects with tight deadlines;
- Exceptional team player, likes socializing, capability and eagerness to learn;
- Excellent in English both written and spoken
- A pragmatic approach with a can-do mentality;
- Tech-savvy, social media expertise;
- Organisational and cultural sensitivity;
- High proficiency in the MS suite (Word, Sharepoint, PowerPoint, Teams, Excel).
As an intern at HEINEKEN the successful candidate would have the opportunity to;
- Work for one of the most exciting companies and brands in the world;
- Learn how to apply your theoretical knowledge and to understand business needs;
- Experience new things and meet colleagues from different cultures along your way;
- Be challenged and get exposure on real live projects;
- Be a member of the international team of interns, boosting your professional (and social) network;
- Receive an internship allowance.
Please note that all interns must be enrolled at a university for the entire duration of the internship. You will need to provide a proof of enrolment with your application. Applications without this will not be considered.
What does the application process look like?
Our internships will start in September 2022. You can apply until 17th June 2022.
1. Apply for your internship vacancy and upload your CV and a short motivation
2. You will receive a response between June 20th and July 15th. When we see a match with your profile, you will be invited for an interview.
3. Cheers, you'll be our new intern!