- The Netherlands
- Communication and Media
- Required language
Intern Group Communications
The IMCD Group is a global market-leader in the sales, marketing, and distribution of speciality chemicals and ingredients. Its result-driven professionals provide market-focused solutions to suppliers and customers across EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific, offering comprehensive product portfolios ranging from home, industrial and institutional care, beauty and personal care, food and nutrition and pharmaceuticals to lubricants and energy, coatings and construction, advanced materials, and synthesis.
The IMCD Group realised revenues of EUR 2,775 million in 2020 with nearly 3,300 employees in over 50 countries. IMCD's dedicated team of technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best-in-class solutions and provide value through expertise for around 50,000 customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers. IMCD shares are traded at Euronext, Amsterdam (IMCD).
For our office in Rotterdam, we are looking for an:
Intern Group Communications
IMCD Corporate communications is responsible for building a strong corporate brand and the reputation of IMCD as the leader in speciality chemical/ingredients distribution among its key audiences. The Communications team focuses on developing impactful global campaigns and programmes through targeted and compelling content and storytelling communicated through the company’s online and social corporate channels. Additionally, the team focuses in building a one IMCD strong culture based on the company values.
Key audience comprise of employees, principal suppliers, customers, communities, industry influencers, investors, and media (business media and trade publications) across all industries touched by its business groups (BG).
The Corporate Communications team works very closely with the Business Group Leadership and Marketing Managers Teams, Local Senior Management, Heads of Global Functions such as HR, Sustainability, Investor Relations, and Digital Transformation teams to ensure tight alignment with the Corporate Communications strategy, messaging, and branding.
The IMCD Group Communications and Brand team is opening up a 6- month internship position at the company’s headquarters located in Rotterdam. The internship is focussed on fully supporting the headquarters team on major projects and programs and working closely with a Global Network of country communications teams and BG Marketing teams.
During your internship, you get the opportunity to support the global team in executing the Corporate and Brand strategy and plan. You will also support the team in in-house content creation (video, articles, image), publishing and management on social channels. You will also:
- Align communication efforts with Business groups and markets including tradeshow activation;
- Work with the Global Network community to streamline day to day business and adhoc requests and work with the team in preparing presentations to Senior management;
- Support the team in briefing agencies and freelances on campaigns and content with regards to global stories and programmes;
- Assist in content creation for our Global Intranet- internal storytelling and assist with maintaining and sustaining the Brand Identity manual and portal;
- Support team members in tracking and analyzing performance metrics for our online channels. Smart dashboard creation is part of this.
- And support the press office by updating and maintaining media and influencer lists.
We are looking for a student that is finishing a Bachelors or Masters in Communications, Marketing Communications or Journalism in The Netherlands.
We also look for someone who:
- Has experience in content creation for website and social media content and experience in the use of design programs (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator) is a plus;
- Is a creative and good communicator, with very good writing skills;
- Fluent English is a must (additional other language is a plus) and a Dutch or EU permit is required;
- And our new intern should be a strong team player, comfortably to liaise with team from around the world.
What does IMCD offer you?
- IMCD is a commercial organization and entrepreneurship is in our genes. Just like all the other colleagues at IMCD, you will get a lot of room to act and develop yourself broadly within your field. Besides many opportunities to learn, IMCD offers:
- An independent and challenging position in a close-knit and driven team within a large, international organization;
- A paid internship;
- And a great place to work in a modern office at the Kop van Zuid in Rotterdam.
We look forward to receiving your application!