- RNW Media/RNTC
- Job Vacancy
- The Netherlands
- Communication and Media
- Required language
- Communication, Marketing
- https://www.rnw.org / https://rntc.com
RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media is looking for a:
DIGITAL PROJECT EXPERT
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-018
Purpose of the position
The Digital Project Expert leads the implementation of digital externally funded projects, and is the first point of contact for organisational ICT matters. The Digital Project Expert provides technical direction on ICT and digital matters and, by working with a flex pool of experts, ensures that appropriate engineering practices are used. They advise RNW Media and its partners on continuous improvements and tooling.
As Digital Project Expert you embrace a 21st century mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Strong digital project management expertise;
- Ability to work and supervise a flex pool of digital and ICT experts (e.g. (web) developers);
- Working with experts and partners worldwide in order to co-develop digital media products and services;
- Efficiently coordinating ICT support for all office systems and tools (e.g. AFAS, Zoho, WordPress);
- Ensuring the continuous and safe operational uptime of RNW Media’s digital environment;
- Advising RNW Media partners on issues related to safety and security;
- Generating and maintaining technical documentation, tracks and provides updates on project statuses;
- Providing advice on technical infrastructure strategy (for RNW Media and its partners) and co-defining standards and execution plans;
- Take the responsibility for assigned projects as project lead;
- Using their digital expertise to support project teams with the implementation of projects.
Knowledge and experience
- Preferably a Master’s degree in Digital/Technical/IT Strategic Management or related field;
- Digital knowledge: SEO, SEA, HTML and ICT;
- Highly skilled expertise in project management with focus on digital project management;
- Proven track record of work and management with service providers and subject matter experts;
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management and digital product development, preferably in an international setting;
- Confident user of project management tools;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English;
“Good to have”
- Experience in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Experience in Media for Democracy Human Rights Projects;
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish or French is considered an asset.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 8 (€ 3.381, – – € 4.795,02). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- If you have any specific questions on the position please contact Magdalena Aguilar, Thought Leadership Leader: Magdalena.email@example.com
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.